Starting at the end of 2018, the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association embarked on a Visioning & Strategy journey to help us better define what we want to achieve and how we will go about achieving it.
The sessions are on-going, held monthly, are open to the public, and are being facilitated by Sean McClintock, a FPNA board member. We are using the VMOSA approach to strategic planning, which you can find more information about here.
If you would like to join us and contribute to this work, please check the Events page for upcoming sessions.
Fostering a neighborhood that
embraces, empowers, and connects the community
where all are proud to live, work, and play.
Below is a list of our current mission statements that support the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association meeting our Vision:
- Cultivating a safe neighborhood by leveraging our resources to build a resilient and inclusive community and promote neighborhood pride.
- Connecting the neighborhood to resources through education, outreach, and advocacy.
- Promoting a resilient and civically-engaged community by connecting neighbors.
- Creating a welcoming and inclusive neighborhood through cultural and multi-generational engagement and outreach.
- Fostering neighborhood pride by promoting a beautiful, vibrant, and respectful community.
This is where we are currently spending most of our time during out Visioning & Strategy sessions. There are two Objectives that we have identified and approved to be actively worked. We are in the process of identifying additional Objectives for 2019 and beyond.
Part of this work is not only creating the specific Objectives, but creating a process through which we can Identify, Evaluate, Approve, and Implement our Objectives. The goal being to ensure that the work the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association is doing aligns with our Mission and ultimately our Vision.