The 2017 FoPo Garden Tour needs a co-coordinator for the 10th Annual Tour on Saturday, June 17th 2017 from 10am to 2pm. Last years coordinator is available to help with planning until mid May.
Our free, neighborhood yard tour offers a self-guided map of about 20 participating yards, raffle prizes from neighborhood businesses and, sometimes, a casual after-tour for the host yards to mingle.
The coordinator spends about 20 hours over 3 months and the jobs include:
- Collecting host information on email for the map. Getting the info to John, who will update last years map and have it printed.
- Advertising on social media (the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association will help advertise, too)
- Overseeing volunteers who will:
- Put up posters
- Distribute maps to 3 pick up locations
- Collect raffle tickets on the day
- Deliver yard signs and day of info to participants
- Collect signs after the tour
- Writing a summary paragraph of the event to include in neighborhood funding paperwork. Estimated number of attendees and raffle income.
- Optional: Plan an after tour for hosts to see each others yards
Working on the Garden Tour is a great way to make friends and meet some amazing people!
Interested in co-coordinating this year’s tour? Please contact the Foster-Powell Neighborhood Association at email@example.com.